Silvialogy 3x23

17 September 2009

by Dr. Pied Piper 


LHDP 3x23

(If you want to watch the episode without downloading it, the link is at the end of the post)

Flashback of Silvia finding out she's pregnant and telling Ruth how happy she is, and not wanting Montoya to find out that he's going to be a baby-daddy. Then about Lucas trying to get info from Eva and Silvia coming into the interrogation room to listen. And lastly, of Silvia getting shot and being being treated in the ER and Montoya finding out he isn't going to be a baby-daddy anymore.

Photobucket
Montoya enters Silvia's room with a pained smile on his face, and Silvia smiles back equally pained.
Photobucket
Montoya calls her pelirroja, or is she now a morena? And Silvia says she's amarillo (yellow). Small talk, blah, blah, blah, small talk.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Montoya says she still looks sexy and then I have no fucking clue what he tries to do, peek at Silvia's boobies, maybe? Silvia grimaces in pain.
Photobucket
Montoya carries on with the small talk: her hospital room with a view (of what, the wall?) and the magnificent food... but nothing can make the elephant in the room disappear. Silvia lost the baby. Their baby.
Photobucket
Silvia starts tearing up and says "Lo siento"
Photobucket
She tries to explain why she never told him about the baby: that they have broken up and he's with Ruth and they are very happy. Montoya shakes his head, starts tearing up as well, and telling her not to worry about it right now.
Photobucket
But Silvia needs to talk. She asks him if he thinks they would have been good parents. She said she believes so. That they would have been modern parents: separated but raising a kid together.
Photobucket
Montoya says that he thinks she would have been the best mother in the world. Silvia starts sobbing.
Photobucket
Montoya starts crying. They both know what they have lost. I wanted to start crying as well because I think I'm supposed to, but I simply couldn't. I think that's why those damn writers tried again in Episode 104. And this time, they succeeded.
Photobucket
Then PLONK! Montoya puts his head right on Silvia's belly - WHERE SHE WAS SHOT! - and cries while Silvia caresses his hair. Huh? Two minutes ago, she was in pain when Montoya tried to peek at her boobies, and now he's got his head right where they cut her open?
Photobucket
I'm sure there were lots of backstories in this episode, but I don't really care: Lucas escaped the barn when Angie's cow came to his rescue. Or maybe it was Mariano who helped, I forgot.

Watch clip in HD

Piper's Commentary: Nothing much to say about this episode, really. Silvia and Montoya cried a lot. I bet Marian got an A+ in her "Crying 101" class which she took simultaneously with "Dying 101". Damn that woman can cry at the drop of a hat. So wardrobe department was not so busy the last 2 episodes, since Silvia is (hopefully) naked under the sheets. But one thing for sure: she's still very HOT despite the fake tubes coming out of her nose.

7 Comments:

angie005 said...

As I mention in the earlier classes, this episode was one of my faves. The actors really acheive what they wanted, to hit the veiwers of their lost. To make them feel their pain.
Arrg! It was heart-wrenching!! You couldn't help but want Silvia to NOT lose the baby.

I made an opinion in earlier Silvialogy lecture that said if Silvia still had the baby, there still would be the PepSi story line. Someone commented that no there wouldn't be a Pepa.

I'm still a strong believer that Pepa would have existed in Sivia's life but it would be a different storyline. It would have center on the Pepa and Silvia's attraction but also the love triangle between Montoya/Silvia/Pepa.

But that didn't happen I should speculate a different LHDP!!

angie005 said...

Oops. That should be "shouldn't speculate a different LHDP".

And yes Dr. Piper, Silvia still looked wonderful even with the horrid white bedsheets and tubes coming our of her nose.

dino_919 said...

I love this episode, the Silvia scenes are truly MA at her best, the pain is palpable, the loss is heartbreaking, and she makes the viewer feel it all alongside her. And on a shallow note - she looks really hot for someone who just underwent major surgery, and I can't fault Montoyica wanting to check out her boobs. ;-)
PS: Loved the banner for today. Postcard Dragon! LMAO

Anonymous said...

I can only agree with you Dr. Piper, the writers did not got me this time around but they got their revenge in episode 104 !
And what about Montoya's hair ...

Dr. Booker said...

I simply love this scene because Silvia is so raw. And even though a little yellow, she is still a beauty. This has made consider a career in nursing..."excuse me, Inspector Castro, it is time to change your sheet."

Malbeca said...

For the record. I wish I could cry as beautiful as Silvia does. But when I cry I look like a raccoon. And Dr. P. the cracktop is fine. Thank you and your techie for helping me.

Anonymous said...

I don't think he was trying to sneak a peek at her boobs...she started to laugh at his "you still look sexy" comment and that's what made her grimace...then she asked him to not make her laugh. I can't rewatch the video right now to make sure, but I'm pretty sure that's about what happened.