Silvialogy 3x16

15 August 2009

by Dr. Pied Piper 


LHDP 3x16

(If you want to watch the episode without downloading it, the link is at the end of the post)

This episode and the next are Silvia-light, but at least not Silvia-free. Her arcs are removed from the Uriarte Case so just a few updates: Eva survived getting shot by Aitor but is now in jail, Lucas finds out that he has a half-sister (Carlota) and a stepmother, but when he goes to see them, step-mama is dead, Carlota is hiding in a closet, and the bad guys were *this* close to almost crossing paths with Lucas.

Lola is getting Don Lorenzo to curve his temper and to always smile (good for his health). They are at Cachis when baby sister/daughter comes in all perky. Don Lorenzo forces a smile and asks how she's doing and Silvia answers that she's very happy.

Photobucket
Don Lorenzo, forcefully trying to be equally perky, asks if being a single mother is a reason for her to be happy. Silvia and Lola exchange amused glances. Aitor comes in and with one look from DL, he immediately clams up.
Photobucket
Don Lorenzo is not done with Silvia and in between forced smiles and even more forced calm, he says that Lola is going to be an aunt and Montoya will soon find out.
Photobucket
Silvia immediately asks him and Lola not to say a word to Montoya. That he is already with Ruth and is happy. DL tries to reason with her, even smiling at Lola's insistence, but Silvia, in full pelirroja mode, losses it and forcefully says NO, Montoya should NOT know, and she FORBIDS them from saying a word about the pregnancy.
Photobucket
And since Silvia and DL are really father/daughter and have the same temperament, DL losses it too then walks out on his 2 daughters, to Silvia's amusement.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The next scene shows Lola and DL sitting on the steps of the comisaria. Lola is still on DL's case about being mellow and not being angry all the time. Then they look at the folks under his command and Lola shows him that despite their peculiarities and stupidity, they are all there for each other and happy and are getting things done. Then they see Silvia and Montoya walking and Lola says that Silvia is not telling him that they're having a baby because he is already in a relationship and happy with someone else, and for Silvia, his happiness is more important. And DL and Lola share a tender moment looking down at the comisaria.

LOLA, I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

so, you are a professor and a detective?! those bad scammers don't know what they dealing with!
I don't know anything about make up, so I could be wrong...but doesn't it seem like Sivia's look was changed after pepa arrived? her face is different..softer..dare I say more feminine? looking at these posts, I can see the difference...or have I lost my mind?

Dr. Pied Piper said...

Hahaha! Not a detective, just someone who's been home sick and has plenty of time NOT to do actual work-work. It also helped that I'm a mathematician and we can spot patterns and fakes easily.

I think the change in Silvia's appearance was the hair. It's not as wild and unkempt, which just makes sense because Pepa's hair is perfect.

Are you my Anonymous friend from Mass? If so, Go Pats and Go Sox! I'm also from there and I miss it like crazy! Some of my happiest times were spent rollerblading along the Charles (Cambridge side) during those Sundays when they close Mass Ave to traffic.

I always say I would move back to Massachusetts in a heartbeat...

angie005 said...

The difference I see is that Silvia looks younger in the earlier seasons. And yes, her hair is a bit wild and unkempt. They probably started focusing on Silvia's more in the Pepa era and forgot about Kiki because man he had some bad hair days!!

Dr. Pied Piper said...

I think Kike's hair was meant to match Curtis' - they probably had a daily contest on who had the worse 'do per episode!

Anonymous said...

Indeed I am from Ma.--Worcester. When I moved here from CA I was told that Boston was minutes from worcester! so I was a little surprised at the 45 min drive. But I love it here, esp the politics.
I don't think they had clue what to with Kike-even his hair. I just realized that not only did two gay characters die, but two redheads! Now we will be looking at a lot less variety.

dino_919 said...

Thanks for the ep. It's always a delight to watch Silvia's fiery temper, especially when she manages to aggravate her domineering father and make him just give up and leave mumbling to himself. LOL

pepsiaddict37 said...

what is with all these ugly shirts they keep putting on silvia...good lord. who dresses this woman? I love to watch her on screen, but they really should get a clue. shes to beautiful to be dressed like a clown.