She wants to party. She wants to get down...all she wants to do is dance (and make romance).

08 October 2009

by Cela 

The dance floor is where y’all can get down to all the 80s hits. So, make your way over, walking like an Egyptian, and don’t forget to do a little moonwalkin’, too.

Here’s the awesome party playlist:


Also, I hope everyone will gather ‘round the floor when it comes time for Dr. B and Scoopgirl’s very special performance from Dirty Dancing. They’ve been practicing very hard, and I’m sure the show will be ace! (And, remember…nobody puts Baby in a corner.)

Because our retro dance party is all about the 80s, not the 70s (the 70s, like lame, for sure)…we won’t be using a grodie old disco ball…we’ll have a rubik’s cube to light up our floor.

Anybody have any other special music requests???


Situated around the dance floor, there will be monitors playing 80s movie classics:

The Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off


Top Gun and The Goonies

Ghostbusters and Adventures in Babysitting

2 Comments:

Dr. Pied Piper said...

I think I actually saw all of these films... Don't forget ET, Poltergeist, Indiana Jones, Gremlins, Superman... I guess even then I was already a sci-fi geek.

Cela said...

Of course, of course! I unfortunately had to limit myself at some point, or this would've ended up as a veeerrry long post. :-P